Can you list singers who were cast on NBC’s The Voice, played Lollapalooza Chicago (twice), and sang vocals with Portugal.the Man?
Ok, well we only know of one, and she has a new track for you to hear. Her name is MADDi, she hails from Kansas City and she has a soulful blues rock voice that must be heard.
The accolades mentioned above were acquired before and as she turned 18. As an AllStar vocalist in the top 1% of The School of Rock, MADDi toured and played Chicago’s Lollapalooza. She was selected by Portugal.the Man to close their Lolla set belting vocal runs to Queens, We are the Champions (video), in front of an estimated crowd of 30,000+ (official photos).
In the following months, MADDi was cast on NBC’s The Voice season 10, and was one of fourteen remaining artists that missed their chance to perform for the celebrity coaches and the primetime viewers. Heartbreaking, but a reality of reality TV.
MADDi matured and wrote, and performed, seeking out opportunities for her next shot to show the world what she has to give. While in LA visiting a fellow Voice contestant, MADDi was introduced to producer Marc Williams of Indasoul Entertainment. Marc had to record that voice and MADDi shared her songs for Marc’s team to produce. Now at age 21, MADDi is ready to release the first of these songs to a world of listeners.
Blu illustrates a story with vivid lyrics and a classic blues throwback rhythm. Melting vocals brings this song over the edge. It’s an easy add to the playlist, for when you need to rock your head along to some raw blues to get you through. As one of the earliest songs by Maddi, it went through several collaborations, but still remains raw and full of emotion.
She’s Not Me begins to display the attitude of MADDi. Driving guitar and upbeat whistle guides you through the story and emotion. MADDi’s a Badass, don’t get her confused with anyone else, the song sends a warning, but is fun and bouncy. The song has a great movement to it and an anthem like quality that will get listeners shouting the verses as well as the chorus.
Building on the momentum of December Snow, MADDi makes She’s Not Me her second release in 2018.
Listen to her first release, December Snow. Featuring bluesy guitar riffs, haunting organ and lyrics like “finding a way to keep sane, and counting back from ten”, and a hook that that draws you in… “pushing down moving through waves, falling under this ocean gaze, well it just won’t keep you away for that long”. You definitely don’t want to be away from this track for long.
Compared often to female contemporaries Bishop Briggs, Brittany Howard (Alabama Shakes), Lolo, ZZ Ward and rock icons like Joan Jett and Ann Wilson (Heart).
Contact for Features, Interviews, Bookings and Airplay
MADDi’s attitude is rock and look is rockin’. MADDi is poised to turn a lot of heads to her music. Be one of the first to turn on listeners to this new artist. Early reviews are raving about her voice and soulful emotion.
Add MADDi’s December Snow to your playlist and contact for media, interviews, backstory and feature opportunities.
MADDi , Maddison Ogden (ASCAP)
Factoids: (hint… contact for more info)
- MADDi has been interviewed by Carson Daly. The music interview icon talked with MADDi about her start as a musician, tattoos and challenges she has faced to get to where she is today.
- MADDi was cast in a network TV music competition. Fresh off her 18th birthday, MADDi was whisked-away to Burbank, California to compete in a network TV music program. Find out which show and the surprise ending.
- MADDi has toured the US and played Chicago’s Lollapalooza twice before age 18.
- MADDi has used her voice and performing to overcome multiple challenges. MADDi had everything going for her as middle school began, when she suddenly was struck by a seizure disorder. The condition lead to bullying and abuse from her classmates. With the seizures in control, music and performing became her outlet.
- MADDi has something in common with KISS legend Gene Simmons. You may have to see it to believe it.
- A proven performer. MADDi has been performing in venues since she was 15. Bands include the School of Rock House Band (Kansas City), School of Rock AllStars Tour (2014, 2015), Blu Revival, and currently can be found rocking covers around Missouri and Kansas in the band Minor Rewind.
Features / Press / Airplay:
- VooDoo Lounge at Harrah’s, MADDi Special Guest for Nalani & Salina – The Circle Tour (1-26-19)
- In-Studio with KKFI 90.1 – Promotion for Nalani & Salina Show (1-13-19)
- Airplay: 90.9FM – “Blu” on the Eight-One-Sixty (1-8-19)
- Continued Airplay on 105.1FM and 105.9FM
- MADDi Special Guest for Champagne Campaign + Live Video Shoot (12-28-18)
- ++ “Blu”, soulfull blues throwback released (11-18)
- B-Sides & Badlands Review, She’s Not Me (8-31-18)
- Sunflower Fest Acoustic Set, Olathe, KS (8-26-18)
- HypeMachine Debut, MADDi (8-20-18)
- ParaPOP Review, She’s Not Me (8-20-18)
- Airplay: She’s Not Me – KKFI 90.1 FM Kansas City – (8-17-18)
- Live Performance: x105.1FM Showcase with/ Yes You Are, Kid Computer, Famous for a Day & The Lithographers, Aug. 17th at The 10 Spot, Kansas City, MO
- Spotify Playlist: She’s Not Me – Womens Work Out Playlist – (8-14-18)
- Spotify Playlist: She’s Not Me – Indie Folk – Music for Your Heart (8-14-18)
- Music for Your Heart – FR, Blog Review (8-14-18)
- York Calling Blog Review (8-14-18)
- ++ Second Single ++: She’s Not Me released (8-14-18)
- Airplay: December Snow – KISS 105.9 FM Lawrence/Topeka – (8-12-18 – 9-2-18)
- Airplay: December Snow – The Bridge 90.9 FM Kansas City – Eight One Sixty (7-17-18)
- Airplay: December Snow – X105.1 FM Kansas City – Xposure (7-15-18 – September 18)
- Selected for Next2Rock Showcase by x105.1FM with/ Yes You Are, Kid Computer, Famous for a Day & The Lithographers, Aug. 17th at The 10 Spot, Kansas City, MO
- The Famous Company: Famous Jukebox Spotify Playlist . Top 10 favorites of the week (7-9-18) via Social Media. @thefamousco #FamousJukebox
- Music For Your Heart Blog Review (7-7-18), “From the first notes of the chorus, we understand all the emotional power that MADDi is able to deliver.”
- Music For Your Heart : Spotify “Need to Escape” playlist (7-7-18)
- To be featured: Women of Substance Podcast (8.20.18) wosradio.com
- Digital Tour Bus (6.18.18) via Twitter “This new track from
@TheMaddiBee called “December Snow” is really good! Make sure you give it a listen on @Spotify.”
- MP3hugger quoted, “We’ll it is just a vacation for the frazzled mind, a clear vocal and the laidback charm of a band with a languid view of living. But there is a tension too as the lead brings us into her world. Spirit this away for late evening when the dedications of your own stresses transfer to a voice from the stereo. A little too pop for me but if that genre was for me I’d be all over this.” (6.22.18)
- Come Here Floyd music Blog (6.18.18) “The sultry weeping and expressive vocals of Maddison Ogden is fresh, strong, vibrant, and bet in a live setting, fantastic to view.”
- Featured Promo: Fresh New Music (6.1.18) – Symphonic digital promotion of December Snow Facebook Instagram and Twitter
- Indie Music Month (6.18) – Symphonic Spotify Playlist
- News Press Now Interview (10.12.17) –